2 day Safari Ndogo
In Swahili “safari” means “journey” and “Ndogo” means “small”. So this ‘small journey’ will take you to Tsavo East National Park for 2 days. Ideal for travellers who don’t have a lot of time but still want to enjoy wildlife and nature not far from Mombasa.
Early in the morning you will be picked by your guide at your hotel. He will give you a short briefing about your safari. After the briefing you will start your journey to Tsavo East National Park via the Mombasa – Nairobi Highway. Tsavo East National Park is the largest protected area in Kenya and is also know as “Theatre of the Wild”. The landscape in the park is mostly grass savannah which makes it a bit easier to spot the wildlife. With a little luck you will be able to spot the complete Big five in this park. The animals you can spot in this park are herds of “red” elephants, buffalos, rhinos, lions, leopards, cheetahs, gerenuks and a large variety of birds.
Once you have entered the park you will start with your enroute game drive towards your lodge. Around lunch hours you will arrive at the lodge, where you will check in and sit down for a lovely lunch. Later in the afternoon you will head back into the park for your evening game drive, which will last for about 2 hours. Try you luck this afternoon and spot the whole Big five. When the sun starts to set it is time to head back to the lunch for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 (Tsavo East – Mombasa)
Wake up early this morning, as you will go out into the park for an early morning game drive at 06:00hrs. Animals will be more active in the morning hours so chances for spotting more animals are bigger. Around 08:00hrs you will head back to the lodge for breakfast. After breakfast you will check out of the lodge and start your enroute game drive towards the exit of the park. Once you have left the park you will head back to your hotel in Mombasa.
Based on 2 pax:
Starting from $470 p.p.s. (non-residents)
Starting from Ksh 45,000/- p.p.s. (resident)
Based on 4 pax:
Starting from $325 p.p.s. (non-residents)
Starting from Ksh 29,500/- p.p.s. (resident)
Based on 6 pax:
Starting from $295 p.p.s. (non-residents)
Starting from Ksh 26,500/- p.p.s. (resident)
* Transport by safari Landcruiser
* Hotel (full board)
* Park entrance fees
* Nakupendakenya water bottle & facemask
* Experienced english speaking safari guide
* Pick up and drop off at hotel or residence
* Supply of drinking water in the safari vehicle
* Amref flying doctors medical evacuation insurance
* Expenses of a personal nature
* Tips & gratuities (advice for the guide, $10- $20 per guest)
* Bottled drinks or other drink
* Nakupendakenya Safari and Tours services is not liable for any errors or ommissions. All prices are indicative and subjected to change in exchange rates and other rates e.g. park fees, hotel rates, petrol etc.
A small indication of the route that will be taken during the trip.